Current Watches and Warnings
Utah, San Rafael Swell
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:54 AM MDT on July 23, 2014
... Red flag warning remains in effect from noon today to 10 PM
MDT this evening for dry thunderstorms and gusty outflow winds
for fire weather zones 488... 489... 492... 493... 495 and 496...
* affected area... fire weather zone 488 Manti National Forest...
fire weather zone 489 San Rafael Swell... fire weather zone 492
central Utah west desert... fire weather zone 493 central Utah
mountains... fire weather zone 495 color Country West desert
and fire weather zone 496 color country mountains.
* Winds... southerly winds at 15-25 mph with gusts over 30 mph will
develop this afternoon.
* Relative humidity... relative humidity will remain below 15
percent into this evening.
* Thunderstorms... will develop this afternoon. Storms will
initially develop over the higher terrain... and will move over
adjacent valleys. Most thunderstorms will be dry... though some
storms may be accompanied by wetting rain. Regardless...
lightning will result in new fire starts.
* Outflow winds... will be gusty and erratic in the vicinity of
thunderstorms and may cause unpredictable fire behavior.
* Impacts... combination of low relative humidity and gusty winds
will create hazardous fire weather conditions through this
evening. Dry thunderstorms in an area with dry fuels will
create hazardous fire weather conditions... and likely result
in new fire starts Wednesday.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
- Alabama - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement
- Alaska - Special Statement
- Arizona - Excessive Heat Warning , Air Quality Alert
- Arkansas - Heat Advisory
- California - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning , Record Report
- Colorado - Record Report , Public Information Statement
- Florida - Flood Warning
- Idaho - Fire Weather Watch
- Illinois - Flood Warning , Flood Advisory , Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Indiana - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement , Public Information Statement
- Kansas - Public Information Statement
- Michigan - Beach Hazard Statement
- Minnesota - Flood Warning , Areal Flood Warning
- Missouri - Flood Warning
- Montana - High Wind Warning , Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Watch
- Nebraska - Areal Flood Advisory
- Nevada - Lake Wind Advisory , Fire Weather Warning
- New York - Special Statement
- North Carolina - Dense Fog Advisory , Special Statement , Public Information Statement
- North Dakota - Flood Warning , Public Information Statement
- Oklahoma - Heat Advisory , Excessive Heat Warning
- Oregon - Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- South Carolina - Special Statement
- South Dakota - Record Report
- Tennessee - Special Statement
- Texas - Flood Warning , Heat Advisory , Special Statement , Air Quality Alert
- Utah - Fire Weather Warning
- Virginia - Special Statement
- Washington - Flash Flood Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report
- Wisconsin - Special Statement , Beach Hazard Statement
- Wyoming - Fire Weather Watch , Fire Weather Warning , Record Report